The electrical, non-arson problem caused Star City to blaze: the fire bureau

Manila – The Bureau of Fire Protection on Friday denied that the fire had caused a Star City amusement park fire in Pasay City, contrary to earlier statements by some officials.

The bonfire that has closed the park since October was caused by an electrical problem, said BFP Spokesperson Senior Supt. Gerandie Agonos on ABS-CBN News.

Earlier an investigator said evidence, including “gasoline in a place where it should not be”, was directed to Arson. A staff member of Mr. Wong and Star City who did not sign a logbook is also said to have been carrying bags of cotton before the Oct. 2 fire, the official added.

Star City is planning to fire, authorities said

Star City management is arguing this, saying there is no reason to fire theme park owners because the business is “profitable” and “a bumper Christmas season is expected.”

Slideshow; Star City blaze explodes.

The park has announced it will reopen “in due time”, it said on its website.

In a report from ABS-CBN News.

Leave a Reply